Monday, March 28, 2016

And it’s just the beginning…

~Millions of tiny moments creating our love story~


It’s been a month already, I whisper in his ears wishing him on our Monthsary early morning. And then I take a moment to reflect back and to relish those memories we created in last one month something that is really very special for both of us.

Not too long ago was the day when I was walking down the aisle in that bright Red outfit, my eyes on my Mr. Right. And there he was waiting for me to arrive with all the love and excitement in his heart – A moment that every girl wants to experience in her life when all eyes are set on her as she enters.





Marriage is not about that one day of happiness but it’s the beginning of a new and a happy life together. I do expect my marriage to be fulfilling, joyous, comforting and loving, but I’m not naive enough to believe there won’t be difficult days. In fact, I used to anticipate that every day before my marriage to the point I used to get overwhelmed, feeling nervous about many things, but that anxiety got settled with time when I spent a while with people who accepted me with love. 

Earlier, even the thought of staying with someone 24X7 used to worry me, I was so used to staying alone in Mumbai all these years that I loved my space, my solitude. But after spending a month with him I realized that being with someone every day is a little bit like that nice cup of tea every morning – I might have it every day, but I still enjoy it.




We did have our share of arguments too but what’s great about us is that we both listen, we forgive and move forward. He always tries to understand my perspective even though it contradicts his thoughts most of the times. Once we figured out that we could not change each other, we became free to celebrate ourselves as we are.

And yes we can talk, I think there has never been a time when I wanted to share my feelings and I refrained from communicating. Being in a communications business I do understand how important it is to talk. We talk about anything under the sun. Our topics of interest do differ but we are open to new topics and learnings. He has started taking interesting in psychology and I do watch sports (sometimes) with him. That seems like a good start to me.  :)

Most importantly I always have his back, the support he provides me is tremendous. Frankly I never expected my husband to be so helpful and supporting in every aspect of life. He surprises me every single day. He is so dependable that sometimes I fear that I’ll lose my independent streak that I developed in last 6 years. He has a habit of taking care of everything, something I enjoy most of the time…. Who doesn’t like to be pampered once in a while? :P 

This whole month has been quite exciting, full of emotions for both us…especially for me, trying to adjust to the new environment. I still miss Mumbai at times but then I see him and I realize that this is where I was meant to be. :)





There are a hundred paths you can take that are easier than getting married. But who wants easier? Life is an adventure and getting married is the biggest one! Sometimes scarier than jumping off the plane LOL


But believe me… It’s a hell of a ride! ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment