Sunday, February 5, 2012

Crazy Night

I didn’t even know him till yesterday, neither did I like him so much that I would want to know him more! But still I went alone with him at 2’O clock in the night for a bike ride….sounds strange and crazy...Isn’t it??? But this is true…

So before you get your mind into some wild and weird thoughts let me explain this by narrating a small story…

The day was really getting very boring for me, while everyone else was dancing, celebrating my roommate’s birthday with full cheer; I was lost in my own world. Not talking to anyone, laughing with artificial smile, and giving weird look to some people around!




It was Sanskriti’s birthday on 12th February 2011 and I knew that I have to be in Pune for the celebration even before a month. Moreover, till a day before I was all excited to visit Pune (as I was going there for the first time…) but but but…..who knew Bryan Adams would come to Mumbai for his concert on the same day?? And on top of it I will get free VIP passes too! Life’s really very unpredictable I must say!

So, obviously I had to choose between the two and certainly it was difficult for me to choose the latter. Thus with a heavy heart I decided to head towards Pune. Even though I was present there physically but in mind I could just hear his tunes. I was so lost that I didn't even notice that there were eight new guys around me at the party! (not so good looking though lol)

So while everyone else was busy trying fire shots (and other shots of course) at the disc, I was sitting at one corner, eating my chilly chicken and thinking about how the concert would have been….

Suddenly I heard a voice from behind…

‘Why are you sitting here alone, you don’t drink?’ Said a guy to start the conversation
I looked back and I could see a guy with slightly dusky complexion, relatively short height all dressed in formals.

‘No, I don’t’ I replied and then turned my back on him. My answer was short and straight enough to tell him that I was not interested in talking.

‘I think you should try it once, after all we all are here to take care of you. I have some extra coupons so if you want to try once, you can take them from me.’ He kept on talking even after I showed him my disinterest.

‘No thank you, I don’t think I want those’ I looked back again and replied. (Just to be slight polite). This time when I looked back I saw what others were doing. I had never ever seen anyone trying fire shots before so I thought it will be good fun to go closer and watch. I stood up and started moving towards the bar. The bar was filled with people (all happy faces) and finally I noticed that everyone was having fun at the party accept me.
So I decided to cheer up because basically this was what I had planned for that day. But by the time I finally decided to dance and have fun it was time for the disc to shut. (Poor me!!!) So we all came back home.

Everyone had dinner and then planned to sit at home and play truth and dare, something that irritated me the most, as I was not interested in playing that game. I'd thought we’ll do something better. So I looked around to see if somebody was thinking in the same direction….and finally I found few! (Thank god!!)

So amongst us, there were some who wanted to go for a bike ride and also there was another guy (the same guy who was talking to me @ the disc) who wanted to show us some haunted places in Pune. (This is gonna be good fun dude….I said in my mind). And now suddenly this guy who was irritating me few minutes earlier was looking good to me. ;-)

But only six of us agreed to go, rest all others planned to stay back. Finally interested me took my roommate to a corner to ask that guy’s name. (Though he told me his name already but I guess I didn't hear him at that time.) ‘Hitesh’ she told me, ‘cool’ I said in reply.

Three bikes, six of us to go…perfect it was!!

Since Hitesh had ‘Yamaha R 15’ I decided to sit with him...lol. I don’t remember other bike models b’coz they were not interesting enough to catch my attention! It was around 1:30 am when we all left together, other bikes obvious following ours, as Hitesh was leading the show. (I mean he knew the place)

Fun ride it was, all empty roads at that time so we were speeding. Moreover everyone around was funny enough to entertain me, I was continuously laughing. Now it’s happening……I said in my mind.

There was a lane that I could see, Hitesh told me that inside that lane there was an old house which is said to be haunted. All of us gathered, and Hitesh told them about the house and we all decided to enter that lane together. Obviously since Hitesh was leading, we were a little ahead. I didn't tell anyone but I was shit scared already. However, as I wanted to show them that I was bold and fearless, I didn't even utter a word. I took a deep breath and gathered some strength with the thought that there are two more bikes following us, so I need not worry.

While thinking this, I turned back just to see the other bikes, and I saw that there was no bike behind us. We were all alone in that scary lane! And guess what we were standing right in front of that old house!!
‘Flip! Where are others’ I shouted.
‘Are you scared?’ (Laughing) said Hitesh. ‘I thought you were bold enough to see this haunted place alone’ he added just to make fun of my fake boldness that I was showing off till now.
‘See this window, can you see that hand coming out of it’ he said by pointing towards the window which was just few feet away.
‘Hiteeeeeeeeesh! Can you please get me out of here’ I freaked out!
For once I thought of getting off the bike and start running. But then this silly thought came to my mind that I should not go alone, b’coz ghosts attack you only when you are alone.
After he saw me screaming he turned the bike and we saw that these guys were waiting outside the lane, so we went back to check what’s happened.
One of the guys ‘Navneet’ was even more scared. He said he will not enter the lane.
So to get him some confidence, we decided to demonstrate him that the lane was not at all scary. (Why me? I thought in my mind). But this time I made a point that the other bike should follow us. (b'coz going alone was really very scary)
We parked our bikes right next to the haunted house and Hitesh shouted from there. ‘Navneet, see there is nothing out here.’
'Come fast, see there is nothing here’ shouted another one.
I was wondering why the hell are we here, when there is nothing out here. And while thinking this I was also continuously looking at the house. I could not keep my eye off the house and my heart was beating really fast, as if something’s gonna happen.
Meanwhile Navneet got some courage and started entering the lane; he would have just reached half way that he shouted…
“Out there!!!! I saw a shadow out there….right next to Archika”
“Whaaaaaaaaaat” I shouted. I almost lost my breath when he said that.
And with a blink of an eye we all were out of the lane…..
After this, we all were fine but we couldn't stop laughing at each other’s reaction. The way we all were pale, with fear was really funny.

Post the fun, we decided to go near the station to eat some snacks and drink tea at the roadside tea stall.

To be continued…..

8 comments:

  1. Since i Know this incident verbatim dint interest me much! But nice carefree diary style of writing. Try and turn into a chick lit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah...that's what u know almost everything...thanks anyways :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good write, nice to share... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ashish - for some reason i think i can't write fiction... but yes i liked ur advice...i'll try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. With almost the same spirit ( spare the pun )in mind, turning back and forth to see no body was looking over my shoulders (ooooooooooo.......), i managed to complete the reading during office hours! An adventure in adventure reading. Nice one Archika :)!!
    Cheers - Sundar S

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehehehe...thanks Sundar...may be then u can find time to read the rest too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Station is the place where you get tea and snacks 24 hours)yay..now that's a revelation!

    ReplyDelete