I was out for some media interactions
with the Leadership team of NA and the CFO of my company. The interaction was getting delayed as the journalist was running late due to traffic, so we
decided to have working lunch.
I asked my NA colleague (who’s an
Italian American) to help me pick a sandwich from the menu. (Well I was just
trying to be polite). So he suggested me a Chicken Panini sandwich, I didn't really know what it was, except for the fact I knew it should have some chicken
in it. But still I decided to order the same.
So I called the attendant and said “I want this Chicken Panini sandwich”
“Ok Ma’am” he said
“Is it possible for you to make this in
brown bread?” I added
This time the attendant gave me weird
look. With little confusion he said “sure, anything else ma’am.”
I turned around and saw, even my
Italian-American friend had had same weird look on his face. I was confused
but I continued.
“And…Can you grill this?” I added again
This time my American friend couldn't stop
himself but laugh. “You killed it!” he said
“Now this is not a Panini, but some
chicken sandwich” he explained
Well I understood that I did something
wrong, but I was still wondering what. All this while I was thinking Panini
must be an ingredient that you put inside the sandwich. But now I knew I was
getting it all wrong.
So I started laughing with them too,
just to make them feel I know what I’m asking for, that’s how I like my
sandwich! I was pretending to be one of those finicky females who like to
customise everything they order. LOL
It’s always better to be called a finicky
gal than a silly stupid person. He he he
Trust me even after that I was confused
about this freaking Panini stuff… what the hell is this Panini I was thinking
in my mind.
Until I saw the real Panini sandwich
that was served to my American friend.
I was soooo embarrassed after that.
Damn you Panini!!

This reminds me of Ritika Sahni in VCC! Remember? Takeaway from this is to stick to desi stuff ;) dont act too cool you fool :P
ReplyDeletehahahahaha .... :P :P
ReplyDeleteLaughing my ass off !!!! :D
ReplyDeletei know this is you Amit ... ha ha ... hi 5! :D
ReplyDeleteThe panini murder mystery. Who killed it..the brown bread. The grilling. Your finicky behavior. Stupidity.. NO.
ReplyDeleteThe murderer is MUMBAI KA TRAffic.
Or just say this - panini ki JHAND HO GAYI!