I generally think before I spend good amount of money (well that makes me question do I really think??...:P) but one thing I’m sure of is that my decision to go to Coorg on the New Year eve was not my decision alone. (I mean I was persuaded enough, or rather say compelled enough to take this decision). But believe me, whatever it was, either mine or someone else’s decision one thing is true…. Haste is not always a waste!!!
So I’m taking my memory calendar a little backward and setting the date as 30th December 2011. I still remember how I was really getting bored in office and all my activities & thoughts were converging to just one single point. How to make my New Year interesting this time?
I had thought of all the possible solutions but nothing was working, things that were possible were not interesting enough to convince me. And as the clock was ticking after every second my heart was skipping a beat, because soon it will be evening and all the flights tickets to the key locations in India would be sold out and I will be alone in this place called “Mumbai”.
I don’t mean that Mumbai is boring, but when you don’t have any close friend around to roam and to cheer with you on a New Year eve, even heaven seems to be hell! (Please don’t miss understand me, I’m not at all calling Mumbai heaven by any chance!!! :P :P). That New Year most of my friends were either back to their hometown or were busy with their own personal plans.
So with a sad face I was scrolling all the status messages on facebook in a hope to get some good ideas for the New Year eve. Suddenly my friend “Jai” pinged me (well, calling him just a friend would be not justified…because he is a very close friend!) As soon as I saw him on facebook my mood got a sudden uplift. This uplift was not because I saw him online and I was happy to see him after long, but because I knew he was planning to go to Pondicherry to celebrate New Year and there was a cyclone in that region a night before! So I was expecting him to be depressed just like I was. All I wanted was some sort of sadistic pleasure from this to make my day a little better. (I know you called me ‘mean’ just now...thanks :P)
“Why do you do this Jai all the time” I said to start my conversation with him.
“Why what happened? Now what did I do??” he replied in confusion
“Didn’t you read the newspaper today? Just because you were planning to go to Pondicherry there was cyclone last night.” You are jinxed!!! I said in a hope to receive a sad reply…. (So my excitement level really went up when I saw him typing something!!)
“Oh that….yeah I saw, but you know what? Now we all are going to Coorg!!” With excitement he came back
“Whaaaaaaaat?????” (All my excitement, sarcasm and cheap thrill went in dustbin that very moment)
“How can you do this to me Jai, no you are not YOU ARE NOT going to Coorg without me…do you get that??!!!” I wrote back
And guess what! There was NO reply (for 2 seconds…but it seemed as if I waited for 2 hours) so immediately I started dialing his number.
I called him and repeated myself…
I’m sure after reading this anyone would think that why was I reacting so much… but the reason was that since a very long time I have been telling Jai that I want to visit Coorg and since this place was quite close to Bangalore he was suppose to plan a trip. So, at any cost he could not go without me for this trip. Moreover, he didn’t even know that there is a hill station called Coorg near Bangalore for a long time, until I told him about this place. So I had all the rights to react.
“I didn’t plan this trip, Tulika has planned it. Even I came to know about this an hour back. And as you know guys don’t have to do much of a preparation for a trip, so we all said yes.” He started explaining me so that I should not react much.
“Archika, I think you should also join in” he added and thus began the compelling session.
“We are a group of 11 friends; all my friends are very friendly and nice. You will love them all and on top of it even Tulika is coming with us. (Tulika was also one of my friends in graduation). Tulika’s roommate is also joining us, plus Neha. Total 3 gals and if you join they’ll be 4…. he kept on adding.
“And guess what we have booked a tempo traveler which is a 12-seater so we have one place for you too…” this was a reason that only Jai could come up with… Jerk he is!!! grrr
“Are you mad Jai, do you even know how much it would cost me to buy the flight tickets now???...its 30th today already and on top of it you guys are leaving tonight…how on earth you think I will be able to come???” I screamed in anger as I knew it was very difficult for me decide at such a short notice.
“Archika, is it you who’s talking like this??? I don’t know this gal who thinks so much to plan something. Even Tulika’s brother came today and even he has spent a good amount on flight ticket etc. Can’t you come?”
This time while listening to him I had already opened Travelocity, Cleartrip, Yatra.com and makemytrip. Lol
“How much did he pay?? “ I asked
“15k” he replied
“I’m getting a flight for 12k” I said
“Book fast!!! Are you mad!! What are you waiting for…you’ll never get a ticket to Bangalore cheaper than this. Even if you book it during off season it would cost you at least 10K. I don’t think paying 2k extra on 30th December would be foolish….Don’t think so much… book fast otherwise you’ll lose this” he kept on talking….
And I think these words were enough to convince me, so I didn’t even think for a second and booked my tickets…
“I have booked my ticket” I said
“What” he could not believe his ears
“I have booked my ticket” I repeated
“Whaaaaaaaat” he still didn’t believe
“My Trip ID is 1112304778…Flight No G8-194, now do you get it???” I said
All I could hear after this was laughter, a very big laugh, laugh that was filled with happiness and excitement. I guess I never saw him sooo happy before. After listening to him even I got thrilled with immense joy! I closed my eyes just to relax a bit and I could hear my soul silently whispering in my ears “Dear the fun has already begun!!”
So I’m taking my memory calendar a little backward and setting the date as 30th December 2011. I still remember how I was really getting bored in office and all my activities & thoughts were converging to just one single point. How to make my New Year interesting this time?
I had thought of all the possible solutions but nothing was working, things that were possible were not interesting enough to convince me. And as the clock was ticking after every second my heart was skipping a beat, because soon it will be evening and all the flights tickets to the key locations in India would be sold out and I will be alone in this place called “Mumbai”.
I don’t mean that Mumbai is boring, but when you don’t have any close friend around to roam and to cheer with you on a New Year eve, even heaven seems to be hell! (Please don’t miss understand me, I’m not at all calling Mumbai heaven by any chance!!! :P :P). That New Year most of my friends were either back to their hometown or were busy with their own personal plans.
So with a sad face I was scrolling all the status messages on facebook in a hope to get some good ideas for the New Year eve. Suddenly my friend “Jai” pinged me (well, calling him just a friend would be not justified…because he is a very close friend!) As soon as I saw him on facebook my mood got a sudden uplift. This uplift was not because I saw him online and I was happy to see him after long, but because I knew he was planning to go to Pondicherry to celebrate New Year and there was a cyclone in that region a night before! So I was expecting him to be depressed just like I was. All I wanted was some sort of sadistic pleasure from this to make my day a little better. (I know you called me ‘mean’ just now...thanks :P)
“Why do you do this Jai all the time” I said to start my conversation with him.
“Why what happened? Now what did I do??” he replied in confusion
“Didn’t you read the newspaper today? Just because you were planning to go to Pondicherry there was cyclone last night.” You are jinxed!!! I said in a hope to receive a sad reply…. (So my excitement level really went up when I saw him typing something!!)
“Oh that….yeah I saw, but you know what? Now we all are going to Coorg!!” With excitement he came back
“Whaaaaaaaat?????” (All my excitement, sarcasm and cheap thrill went in dustbin that very moment)
“How can you do this to me Jai, no you are not YOU ARE NOT going to Coorg without me…do you get that??!!!” I wrote back
And guess what! There was NO reply (for 2 seconds…but it seemed as if I waited for 2 hours) so immediately I started dialing his number.
I called him and repeated myself…
I’m sure after reading this anyone would think that why was I reacting so much… but the reason was that since a very long time I have been telling Jai that I want to visit Coorg and since this place was quite close to Bangalore he was suppose to plan a trip. So, at any cost he could not go without me for this trip. Moreover, he didn’t even know that there is a hill station called Coorg near Bangalore for a long time, until I told him about this place. So I had all the rights to react.
“I didn’t plan this trip, Tulika has planned it. Even I came to know about this an hour back. And as you know guys don’t have to do much of a preparation for a trip, so we all said yes.” He started explaining me so that I should not react much.
“Archika, I think you should also join in” he added and thus began the compelling session.
“We are a group of 11 friends; all my friends are very friendly and nice. You will love them all and on top of it even Tulika is coming with us. (Tulika was also one of my friends in graduation). Tulika’s roommate is also joining us, plus Neha. Total 3 gals and if you join they’ll be 4…. he kept on adding.
“And guess what we have booked a tempo traveler which is a 12-seater so we have one place for you too…” this was a reason that only Jai could come up with… Jerk he is!!! grrr
“Are you mad Jai, do you even know how much it would cost me to buy the flight tickets now???...its 30th today already and on top of it you guys are leaving tonight…how on earth you think I will be able to come???” I screamed in anger as I knew it was very difficult for me decide at such a short notice.
“Archika, is it you who’s talking like this??? I don’t know this gal who thinks so much to plan something. Even Tulika’s brother came today and even he has spent a good amount on flight ticket etc. Can’t you come?”
This time while listening to him I had already opened Travelocity, Cleartrip, Yatra.com and makemytrip. Lol
“How much did he pay?? “ I asked
“15k” he replied
“I’m getting a flight for 12k” I said
“Book fast!!! Are you mad!! What are you waiting for…you’ll never get a ticket to Bangalore cheaper than this. Even if you book it during off season it would cost you at least 10K. I don’t think paying 2k extra on 30th December would be foolish….Don’t think so much… book fast otherwise you’ll lose this” he kept on talking….
And I think these words were enough to convince me, so I didn’t even think for a second and booked my tickets…
“I have booked my ticket” I said
“What” he could not believe his ears
“I have booked my ticket” I repeated
“Whaaaaaaaat” he still didn’t believe
“My Trip ID is 1112304778…Flight No G8-194, now do you get it???” I said
All I could hear after this was laughter, a very big laugh, laugh that was filled with happiness and excitement. I guess I never saw him sooo happy before. After listening to him even I got thrilled with immense joy! I closed my eyes just to relax a bit and I could hear my soul silently whispering in my ears “Dear the fun has already begun!!”
A lovely moment it would have been indeed for you Archika :)!
ReplyDeleteSome of the most funfilled, interesting, touching and fulfilling moments in life are sudden , unplanned and may be; cannot be even explained as well as you have tried to, isn't it?
Very nice attempt in re-creating those feelings again!
Wishing you many more ....
And haan....remeber, if you get the pulse of Mumbai...you will forget other places!!
And most importantly, you are not alone in Mumbai.....think, may be you've made some friends here now ;)
Cheers
Thanks a lot Sundar. :)
ReplyDelete